- Went to a friend’s wedding up in Worcestershire – is odd seeing everyone you know from city surrounding transposed into country surroundings. Wedding was lovely – during the day we climbed up the Malvern Hills (at the steepest point found out later). Spectacular view was hampered somewhat by tunnel-vision as a result of aforementioned climb. Need to get fitter.
- Went to see Russell Brand at Southampton Guildhall. So cool, so funny! I can’t begin to describe him… which doesn’t make for interesting reading really. I will say this though – the hairstyle he so painstakingly creates before every public performance… that’s exactly how my hair looks every single morning when I wake up. Without even trying!
- Mushroom hunting in New Forest. They don’t run very fast so was really quite easy!
- Went to Bath for the day – beautiful there – feel like you are drowing in honey, where everything is built from the same honey-coloured stone. Must upload photos.
- You’ll never guess who I had in the back of my car yesterday… Audrey Hepburn! Went to IKEA and brought this (amongst other things). It is huge, took up the whole of the back of the car. I know it’s mass-prooduced and hardly original, but I fell in love with it and had to have it… plus the colours match the living room wall perfectly.
5 – The number of days, including today, until the weekend. Unless I win the lottery.
30,000 – The number of pounds I would win if numbers come up tonight on aforementioned lottery.
33 – This is the average number of degrees celcius it has been over the last week or so. Phew! There is a perpetual odour of burning flesh, coconut oil and barbeque lighter fluid in the air.
19 – The number of times I swore like a bastard when I cut my finger on the freakin’ slicer attatchment of the food-processor (from now on only getting shop-brought coleslaw).
17,943 – Is how many freckles I now have on the bits of my skin that have caught a glimpse of the sun.
0 – The chance England has of winning any major sporting event – especially if penalty goal kicks are involved.
1 – Is how many ‘Dressmaking For Beginners’ lessons I have had so far. Number two is tonight which I am really looking forward to. I get a little less scared of my sewing machine every day!
8 – The number of balls of wool I brought yesterday in the John Lewis sale. Half price, hoorah! Just what you want on the hottest day of the year. I got 4 of this and 4 of this. I feel a scarf coming on. Again.
- Have mad hair that desperately needs cutting. Also have morbid fear of hairdressers. Excercising jedi-like self control when anywhere near a pair of scissors.
- Fell over door step whist carrying fish’n'chip supper home one night. Please don’t panic! TheFish’n'chips were fine. My brain knew immediately that superficial wounds to lower limbs were a minimal sacrifice for aforementioned fish supper. I still have the bruise, it is now a nice greeny yellow (nearest web-safe colour would be #cccc99 I would say).
- Have been drinking gallons of fizzy pop that has since been recalled for having dangerously high levels of benzene. Am fully expecting to develop either some sort of super-power or grow an extra body part.
- I still haven’t had ANY success at National Lottery. Hence, still dragging carcas into office on regular basis.
- In quest for Kiera Knighly-like skin and wrinkle-free complexion, have been trying various lotions and potions. Had an adverse reaction to Garnier Eye-Lift… my eye-lids puffed right up like I’d been crying all day and night. Have to say though, that for all the unsightly puffiness there were definately no lines to be seen at all!
- Can’t help noticing I seem to have been a bit prone to the unlucky and unfortunate incident this last week or two. Must try harder to be more ‘lucky’!