Have you met Michelle? I think she’s really very cool – a travelling soul who’s currently based in London with a thing for bears – she takes wonderful photos and even has a camera that meows!
Where are your top 5 local spots you like to take photos?
- Alexandra Palace. There’s a great view of London from the front of the palace, and I enjoy photographing the deer in the park there.
- Freightliner’s City Farm. My landlord doesn’t allow me to keep pets, so I like to nip down there to pester the cats with my camera.
- The Parkland Walk. It’s an old railway line and I feel the old platforms, graffiti and Spriggan photograph well.
- Strolling along the Southbank reminds me why I moved to London in the first place. It’s especially nice on a Sunday, and there’s usually something interesting to snap along the way.
- I also enjoy taking photographs of the rain through any window. I personally think London looks better when it’s wet.
St Pancras in the rain
What would be your top 5 purchases after winning the lottery?
- A Fuji FinePix x100. The current camera of my dreams!
- I like the idea of funding a bear sanctuary somewhere.
- Maybe another camera: an LC-A. They look like great little cameras.
- A first class ticket for the Trans-Siberian.
- Lots and lots of film for said Trans-Siberian journey!
Bear in Berlin – taken with Canon G9
Which are your top 5 photography websites?
- Flickr is great, I tend to go there first to look up places I’ve read about in books. One of my favourites there is Dmitry Savin.
- Corbis is my favourite stock photography website. Most of the images I post on Tumblr come from there, and I’ve discovered so many amazing photographers through it.
- I love Gerd Ludwig’s photographs.
- The Lomography website is, of course, great. If not just for lusting over cameras.
- Sue Flood takes photographs of places I dream of visiting.
Kyiv, Ukraine taken with Diana+ and 120 film
What are the top 5 cameras you own?
- Canon G9
- Diana Mini – it’s my most reliable film camera and always delivers.
- Robot 3
- Holga Cat Camera – it miaows, what’s not to love!
photo taken with Robot 3 and 35mm film
What are your top 5 drinks?
- Cranberry juice
- Black coffee
- Coca Cola
- Blue Powerade
- Yogi “Bright Mood” Tea – it smells like Christmas.
View from “Suicide Bridge”, North London – taken with Diana+ and 120 film